Monster Truck Throwdown at WMMP Cancelled
New Holiday Doubleheader Event Expected to be Announced Shortly
N. Woodstock, NH – White Mountain Motorsports Park (WMMP) and Monster Truck Throwdown officials announced today that the event scheduled for Saturday, July 4 and Sunday, July 5 has been cancelled due to complications and restrictions in place related to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
While the decision had been made prior to new state guidelines allowing limited fan attendance, the guidelines now in place still would have kept many fans from attending who wished to. Furthermore, the Pit Party and several other important parts of the event could not happen due to required social distancing and other health/safety measures. These factors would have prevented the event from reaching its full potential.
As such, both parties agreed to cancel the event. Several other Monster Truck Throwdown events at other venues had previously been cancelled because of the pandemic. All advance ticket that had already been purchased will be refunded in full.
“It’s disappointing for sure,” WMMP managing partner Cris Michaud said. “We know there were a lot of people looking forward to the event. However, if you’re going to do a show like this, you want to do it the right way. Hopefully, next year things will have progressed to the point that we’re able to.”
Track officials are currently planning a new Independence Day weekend celebration that would include racing on both Friday and Saturday. They expect more information will be announced in the next day or two.
“We’re just waiting to get a couple contracts officially signed,” Michaud said. “Trust us when we say the event we’re working on is one that racing fans won’t want to miss.”
For more information, contact the White Mountain Motorsports Park offices at (802) 244-6963, email@example.com, or visit www.whitemountainmotorsports.com. You can also follow us on Facebook at @WhiteMtnMotorsports.